TrafficMASTER Nolan Oak normally sold at Home Depot
The natural oak looking of the floor is quite nice looking and many people comment on how nice and clean it makes their home look and feel. You must remember that this is a very inexpensive floor and you won’t get the same results as a hardwood floor that will last 100+ years. You do get what you pay for, and if you need to save money or not looking for something to last 100 years than this will give you a nice look at a cheap price. One thing to remember is that this can chip off and show the layers underneath. The layers underneath aren’t the same through the piece as hardwood would be. This is normal for laminate flooring which is pressed together layers.
This Trafficmaster Nolan Oak is made up of four layers, overlayer, decorative paper, HDF and balance paper. The four layers if pressed together as a single board. Like normal TrafficMaster this is a glueless installation is easy and quite easy for the DIY’er (Do-It-Yourself).
TrafficMASTER Nolan Oak Laminate Flooring Details
- Choose a EPE or EVA or IXPE underlayment when installing
- Appropriate Grade for Installation: All Grades, Valinge G2 click system, angel by angel, easy to install
- Can be installed on under-floor radiant heating system if the heating element is installed into wood or concrete subfloor
- Installation: Floating, directly on the underlayment and install without glue
- 15-year limited residential warranty
Overall this is a great looking floor for the price. It is something the average DIYer can install and easy for an experienced hands on person. Additional ideas found on this blog.
If you find yourself with extra boxes of Nolan Oak or other flooring please post it below.